6 Most powerful Klingon beards as “Star Trek: Discovery” makes facial hair thing of the past
I’m a big fan of Star Trek. And which adult male on this planet above 25 years isn’t? Am I right?
I got hooked up on the whole culture mainly because my father made me watch how captain Jean-Luc Picard saves the day in each “Star Trek: The Next Generation” episode back when I was a kid, and I must admit those are some pretty cool childhood memories.
My favorite character? Well of course … Worf. The always unpleasant yet often quotable Lieutenant commander that rocked that nasty sensei-like mustache and goatee.
I must admit, I’ve been known to appreciate a cool beard when I saw one since my early days, plus this dude Michael Dorn had a extremely captivating vocal and made everything sound serious and he was always tough. Even when ordering some Klingon Blood wine at Quark’s.
That’s why I was extremely disappointed to witness the brand new Klingon look lacking any sort of facial hair in this year’s premier of “Star Trek: Discovery”.
I mean come on … I was really fond of the humanoid Klingon appearance and the unique beard style they were rocking with a separated mustache and powerful goatee. Now we have some reptilians that don’t have the same charisma as Worf. I’m not satisfied with that.
Although I appreciate the visual effects of the new series and can’t say anything bad about it, I guess I’m just a romantic that’s stuck in the 90’s and enjoyed the time when Star Trek was more about acting than visuals.
I know that a lot of you like the new Klingon look, but I still want to create an ode to the days of powerful Klingon beards with my own list of the most noticeable characters and their facial hair styles. If you have suggestions I can add to the list, don’t be shy and please fill up the comment section.
6. Klingon Chef
- Beard style: Full beard with mustache
- Appearances: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Played by: Ron Taylor
5. Chancellor Gorkon
- Beard style: Chinstrap
- Appearances: Star Trek 6, Klingon Academy
- Played by: David Warner
- Beard style: Full Beard
- Appearances: Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Played by: Charles Cooper
- Beard style: Van Dyke
- Appearances: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Played by: Christopher Lloyd
- Beard style: Mustache with goatee (Classic Klingon Beard)
- Appearances: Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Played by: Michael Dorn
1. Kahless the Unforgettable
- Beard style: God
- Appearances: Star Trek: The Original Series & Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Played by: Robert Herron (image) & Kevin Conway
You got some ideas for the list? Hit me up in the comment section. Come on, don’t be shy now … It’s the Internet!